Tuesday 29 December 2020

Robins nook on Hutton Roof (29th December 2020)

 

This is a photo of my friend at Hutton Roof Nook....

This was a lovely experience I had yesterday whilst checking out some Polypodium cambricum (Southern Polypody) and when I made a very special friend, who just kept hanging about to attract my attention, so close to arms length. Very very special.

Robin’s Nook on Hutton Roof

A friend came by this morning,

With a presence of daring love,

From arm’s length he spoke,

In a language of subdued ticks,

He moved from rock to tree,

And then back again to stand in a carpet of moss,

He never stood still for more than 5 seconds,

Then looked up with a winking eye

He seemed to want my attention,

Just has he did on my visit last week.

I think he would have wanted to play,

And play all day I guess, it was so special,

Of a beautiful experience that!

Made me enter into conversation with him,

Though I guess we were both disadvantaged,

But we both said our love in word or ticks

I guess one needs to earn his keep!

The little chap kept going to ground,

And pulling up small worms to his delight.

Then the penny dropped! 

Whilst he kept me moving around,

I stirred up the old rotting leaf bedding beneath my feet,

Whilst he nibbled on the rewards!

And I think this may have made me his best friend!

And for me he was mine.

That little cove area is now a special place,

Which I call Robins nook.

 

29th December 2020