Friday 31 January 2014

Loughrigg, Grasmere

             
This is the view whilst climbing the steps towards Loughrigg Summit
          
             I felt I’d climbed a thousand steps,
             And would have done a thousand more.
             For here, I could have touched the sky,
             Or stepped upon a floating cloud.
             For heaven I’m sure that this could be,
             I felt so peaceful, calm and free….

             The haunting calls of distant geese,
             Echo throughout the Vale,
             Whilst passing clouds weave in and out,
             Makes moving shadows on Silver Howe,
             Like Spirits passing by….

                         
                                                                         (Bryan Yorke – Loughrigg Summit – April 2010)